with Outlook Express 5, Johann-Christian Hanke
Free download of this manual/tutorial
When the Postman rings twice…
The Difference between Outlook and Outlook Express
- Where can I get Outlook Express?
- Prerequisites for this Booklet
- About the Author
- Service Page for this Booklet
You’ll Need This: a Modem or ISDN Device
- Two Teams, Two Programs
- Which is better?
- Irreplaceable as a Calendar
- Can the Two Co-Exist?
Decisive: The Choice of Internet Service Provider
- Cable, ADSL, Plug, or Satellite?
- Installing a Modem
- Connecting the Modem
- Installing Drivers
- Also not impossible: ISDN
- Tips on Driver Installation
- Don’t Forget the CAPIPORT Driver
Dial-Up Networking and E-mail Accounts
- Additional Uses: Online Services
- Reliable: Local Providers
- Cheap: Call by call
An Overview – Outlook Express in Brief
- The Magic Word is POP3
- Setting up Dial-Up Networking
- Trying Out the Connection
- Setting up the E-mail Account
- Tuning up your E-mail Account
Sensible Basic Settings for Outlook Express
- Greetings from the Team: The first E-mail!
Here’s how: Composing, Sending, and Retrieving E-mail Messages
- The Options Dialog Box
- What does the Setting mean?
- Be careful, you’re online!
Replying Properly: Quoting and Carrying On a "Conversation"
- Composing an E-mail Message
- What Cc und Bcc mean
- Writing Names in Plain English
- Sending and Retrieving E-Mail Messages
- Working with Multiple Accounts
- Working with One Account
Taking Charge of Your Contacts: Making Life Comfortable with the Address
- Here’s how to quote!
- Replying to All and Forwarding
Here’s How to Secure the Data in Your Address Book
Sending Attached Files
- Entering an Address
- Adding Recipients to the Address Book
- Adding Addresses Automatically
- Faster with the Address Book
- Creating a Distribution List
Compressing Data with Zip
- Attaching a File to an E-mail Message
Composing Colorful Letters with HTML Format
E-Mail for Pros: Receiving, Sorting, and Archiving
- The Zip Format
- Creating a Zip Archive
- Self-Extracting Archive
- Alternatives to WinZip
The Search Function: Finding E-Mail Messages
Quick and Comfortable: Administering Your Mail with Rules
- Receiving and Sorting E-Mail Messages
- Creating New Folders
- Sorting Messages
- Deleting E-Mail Messages
Pretty Secure: Encrypting E-mail with Pretty Good Privacy
- Rules against E-Mail Advertising
- Lists of Blocked Senders
- Replying automatically with Rules
Creating Profiles: Working with Identities
- Encrypting E-Mails
- PGP and Outlook Express
- Creating Keys
- Sending E-Mail
- Less Trouble: Cryptext
- Digital ID?
Off to Usenet with Outlook Express
- Creating a New Identity
- Changing Identities
- Managing Identities
Downloading Usenet Articles for Offline Reading
Better Organized: Tips and Tricks for Using News
- Setting up a News Account
- Downloading Newsgroups
- More Information from Descriptions
- Following the Discussion
- Tips and Tricks for Newcomers
- Me too: here’s how to take part!
Genius: Searching with www.deja.com/usenet
Tips and Tricks
- Considering Postings
- Hiding Just Replies
- Posting a Followup-To
Taking Problems with Mail and News in Hand!
- Outlook Express as Standard Mail Application
- Synchronizing your Address Book with Outlook
- Retrieving Mail Automatically
- Mail: Determining Priority
- Outlook Express with „the Outlook bar"
- Information from the Header
- Home Page with Outlook Express
- Checking your Account before Downloading
Your Service Provider has no News Server
Technical "Junk": Installing and Importing
- Foreign Characters are Mangled
- Quoting Doesn’t Work!
- News is Just Deleted
- Protection Against Spam
- Importing Messages
- Removing Outlook Express
- Are there Alternatives?
Du er på KnowWare.dk • Rent drikkevand •
23. Jun. 2019